BBL with Amanda Rueter – Dirt & Boogers
In this episode, Val is chatting it up with Amanda Rueter of Dirt & Boogers.
Amanda was a Mental Health Counselor who worked with children and mothers in both individual and group counseling environments before she became a Stay at Home Mom to two boys. She has a Bachelors Degree in Child Development and Family Studies and a Masters in Counseling where she specialized in Play Therapy.
She left her job in 2010 when she had her oldest son. Her husband is in the military and they have moved 3 times since her oldest was born. Maintaining a license while moving so often is difficult, so she decided to share her love of children and families on the internet instead.
- How do I get my 9 month old dressed without her throwing a fit?! It’s like she’s two years old!
- How to stop the sibling fighting? I’m pretty sure they hate each other, and I can’t stand being in the same house with them.
- How to avoid the eat your dinner struggle? She does not seem to require food to survive.
- How many of my horrible mommy moments will the girls actually remember when they are older?
- Do all boys go through the mean snotty voice stage at this age. Whhhhhhhaaaaat? No I diiiiidnt! I don’t caaaaaare! And the best way to curb it. Age 7
- What can I do to help him wake up in a better mood? Mom:”good morning love, time to get up” Son: “aasaaarrrrrggggg I hate good morning, I hate school, I hate this day” -age 7
- How do I break the clingy-ness of only wanting mom?
- 5 Simple Activities for Toddlers
- My Child Won’t Listen to Me
- Simple Tip to Stop Yelling
- Amanda’s FB Group for Parents: https://www.facebook.com/groups/304401123053977/
- I Had to Stop Yelling
WATCH IT via YouTube:
LISTEN TO AMANDA NOW:
or download on iTunes
LISTEN TO OTHER BONBON BREAK PODCASTS:
You can read more from Amanda on BonBon Break here:
3 Alternatives to Look Me in the Eye:
How to Avoid Power Struggles with Kids:
Teaching Kids What to Do if They Get Lost:
Visit her site: Dirt and Boogers to get a regular fix of her useful and inspirational parenting insights.