Top Tips for Family Camping
Get excited! It’s camping season!
It’s the time to make memories as a family, to laugh, love, adventure, learn, explore and eat plenty of S’Mores (of course!) And let’s be honest – camping in general can be a bit intimidating, especially if it’s new for your family, you have young children, or you are daunted by the planning and packing that goes into getting ready. While it’s all definitely worth it, we wanted to make it just a little bit easier.
We’re linking up to our favorite camping posts from around the web just for you!
Why do it:
- 5 Reasons to Go Camping for your Next Family Vacation by Mommy Loves Trees
- Week-Long Camping Trips (in a Tent) are Easier than you Think by Tales of a Mountain Mama
- 3 Budget-Friendly Ideas for Camping by Go Explore Nature
- Camping: It’s Hard Work! Why We Love it and Would Even Extend our Trips by Wild Tales Of
- Exploring the Outdoors with Urban Teens by Adventurous Moms
Get Ready to Go!
- 5 Space Saving Tips for Family Car Camping by Mommy Loves Trees
- Camping Checklists by Mommy Hiker
- Camping Etiquette – the Unspoken Rules of Campground Camping by A Little Campy
Our Best Tips and Tricks:
- 5 Tips for Camping as a Single Parent by The Kid Project
- 9 Tips for Camping with Kids by Mad Dog Mom
- Family Camping Made Easy – Warm Sleepers are Happy Sleepers by Family Adventures in the Canadian Rockies
- Hammock Backpacking by Bring the Kids
- First Time Camping with Kids? 5 Tips! By Chronicles of a Suburban Nature Mom
Camping with Babies and Toddlers:
- 10 Tips for Camping with a Baby by The Adventures in Parenthood Project
- Keeping Toddlers Safe around Campfires by Wild Tales Of
- When Potty Training Invades a Campsite by The Kid Project
- Confronting Bedtime Intimidations while Camping by Adventure Tykes
- Tips for Camping with an Infant by Bring the Kids
- Keeping a Young Kid IN Their Sleeping Bag by The Kid Project
- Cooking Around the Campfire with Cast Iron by Tales of a Mountain Mama
- 14 Easy Camping Recipes by Campfire Chic
- S’More Cones by Suitcases and Sippy Cups
- 25 Delicious Camping Recipes by Six Sisters Stuff
- 4 Ways to Make Pizza While Camping by Outsidemom.com
- No-Bake Camping Cookies by Expect Adventure
- Make-Ahead Camping Meal Guide (more than the basics!) by Mommy Hiker
Coleman sent us this bad boy:
and we were THRILLED! We took it camping, to the beach, on the dock and sailing. When we had a backyard BBQ, we wheeled it over next to our large BBQ and threw on 10 m0re burgers! Coleman has DEFINITELY upped their game with this portable outdoor cooking DREAM! Get your own here.
Fun Camping Extras:
- Make Your Own Hammock by Outsidemom.com
- Make the Perfect Transportable Rope Swing by Outsidemom.com
- Tent Camping with Foam Floor Tiles by A Little Campy
- Preschool Games While Camping by Family Adventures in the Canadian Rockies
- Camping Themed Story Stones by Playdough to Plato
We want to know – what’s the most intimidating/challenging part of camping for you and your family?
HOT TIP: We tried out Coleman’s memory foam sleeping bag and it is a game changer!!
ABOUT AMELIA: Tales of a Mountain Mama (Family) aims to help inspire families to get outdoors and adventure, even with young children. We share our stories from out on the trails and in the mountains, provide tips and tricks, and welcome feedback from our readers!
We also happen to be big believers in the fact that sometimes an investment in great gear is a worthwhile step in helping getting the entire family out. Watch for a diverse make-up of honest gear reviews and giveaways.
CONTINUE READING IN THE BACKYARD