Quinoa and Kale Soup by Noshing with the Nolands
originally posted on NoshingwiththeNolands.com
After all that indulging within the holiday season (you know you did it) you may want to get onto the healthier side with a few quick and delicious meals to start January off on the right foot. Include this delicious soup in your meal plan and you are half way back to eating a good nutritious, but delicious meal. Soup can be filling if it is chocked full of flavor and healthy ingredients. This soup has it all for you!
Quinoa and Kale Soup
Here are two of the most popular ingredients brought together in this amazing soup. A full blast of healthy! If you follow along here you know you get a wide variety of foods from vegan and vegetarian to full on carnivore to decadent. Something for everyone. I love food, I love veggies and fruit and we all like to have variety. Soups in this house are huge, there is not one that I put in front of Amber that she doesn’t gobble down with enthusiasm. This soup was no exception. Full on flavor, filling and satisfying!
I would love to share a big bowl of soup with you. So pull out the pot and try this one!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2-900 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. rubbed Dalmation sage
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-14 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped Kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and saute the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, sage, thyme and salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 min.
- Add the white beans and kale and simmer for 5 min. Add the cooked quinoa and heat through. Adjust seasonings and serve.