The sun is shining and if I ignore that there is ice on the ground, I can see Spring is around the corner. To make the house seem more Spring-like and to get us in the mood for the seasons changing – and our minds off yet another snowfall or frosty morning – we’ve got 10 fabulous Spring Flower Crafts for Kids. Spring starts officially on 22nd March, but for many this first week of March sees the end of Winter and the start of Spring. So put away the snowflake punch and white glitter card and get out the pastel colours, paints and flower punches and get crafty for Spring.
- EGG CARTON FLOWERS from our Playroom ideas – easy to make egg carton flowers that even toddlers can create – if you are working with toddlers and don’t want the flowers to be “preschool brown” then a top tip is to provide a colour and then swap it out to colour different flowers.
- DAFFODIL PIN WHEELS from Nurturestore- capture the joy of those first flowers of Spring and create these beautiful pin wheels with the kids – want a mess free variety then use coloured paper and find a yellow egg carton to use.
- PAPER PLATE ROSE from Danya Banya- these would make such a wonderful bouquet of Spring Flowers made by the kids to add to the Nature Table or on a windowsill at home and the bonus is you never need to add water and they will last all Spring long.
- YARN WRAPPED TULIPS from School Time Snippets – once the yellow of daffodils die down, the garden explodes into a rainbow of colours as the tulips bloom. With all of the colours of yarn plus the mixed colours yarns, this easy craft for kids can mimic your garden flowers.
- TISSUE PAPER LOLLIPOP FLOWERS from Red Ted Art – cute and delicious to these easy-to-make tissue paper flowers have a hidden secret in the centre, a little lollipop. Wouldn’t they just make the cutest party favours for a Spring tea party?
- PLASTIC SPOON FELT FLOWERS from Crafts by Amanda – use up some of those left over plastic spoons from the party season and create some pretty flower pictures. Full instructions by clicking on the link.
- HAND AND FOOTPRINT FLOWER CANVAS ART from Arts and Crackers – create some lasting art that holds memories for your kids with these hand and footprint flower canvas art pictures.
- STAMPED AND BUTTON FLOWER from Happy Hooligans – ever so simple, these printed flowers make a wonderful addition to a card and are ideal for toddlers and preschoolers to use – look at how we used the technique to create a pretty tote over on Rainy Day Mum.
- TEXTURED TISSUE PAPER FLOWERS from Buggy and Buddy – work on those fine motor skills and get the kids creating some textured tissue paper art, another simple craft that the youngest and oldest children can do at that the same time.
- WATERCOLOUR COFFEE FILTER FLOWERS from Hands on as We Grow – mix up process art and craft to create these pretty water colour coffee filter flowers that even the youngest children can create.
Click to see more from the Playroom
PIN IT FOR LATER:
This post was written by Cerys exclusively for BonBon Break Media, LLC.