This time of year is SO tricky around here. Ballet, baseball, and softball take over our schedules and we LOVE it. The trick is that we are out late almost every night and the kids come home ready to chew through somebody’s arm. Cue my Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken recipe.
An additional bonus? I am doing Weight Watchers and this is INCREDIBLY low in points. Simple. Healthy. Fast. This is constantly on my mind this time of year. WW is definitely working for me and I don’t want to compromise my success with quick, high-calorie meals. This works for me and I can easily add some calories in for my SUPER active kids and husband.
I am sold and this is GREAT for potlucks and having guests over. Even more, you can easily add two more chicken breasts and roll this into a 2-night dinner.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken breasts
- 3 cans of black beans (we like Eden Organic)
- 2 containers of fresh salsa
- Sour cream
- Avocado slices/guacamole
- Open half a container of salsa and pour into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place 3 chicken breasts on top of salsa.
- Open and rinse 2 cans of black beans. Pour on top of chicken.
- Pour remainder of open salsa container on top.
- Place 2 chicken breasts.
- Open and rinse the second can of black beans. Pour on top of chicken.
- Open final container of salsa and pour on top.
- Add 1 cup of water. Pour over the top.
- Set on low for 8 hours.
- Pull chicken apart and serve with sour cream, cilantro, avocado slices, Tapatio, salsa, cheese
- Rice bowl
- Filling, avocado slices and Tapatio wrapped in lettuce leaves for a Weight Watchers win! If you skip the avocados, this is a 2 point meal. I love taking some to work the next day for lunch. Protein punch and have a piece of fruit. Happy belly.
Pin it for later:
Check out our Weight Watchers Journey Pinterest Board
Check out our collection of Gluten Free recipes on BonBon Break or dive into the Kitchen to see our seasonal favorites.
Photo credit: BigStockPhoto