We have done Elf on the Shelf, we have tried to Redefine the Elf, but this year we decided to shelf the elf . It’s time to tell the kids he took the year off. What? You can’t imagine why? Let me help you out here.
10 Reasons Why NOT to do Elf on the Shelf
1. You forget to move him after having too many Poinsettia Cocktails.
2. You forget to move him just because you forgot.
3. Your kid has a friend at school who brags about how his elf was halfway inside a spilled box of Cheerios, looking all mischievous and cute and your child has to talk about how his elf was just SITTING on a boring old shelf.
4. You accidentally touch him in front of your kid and when nothing happens your child is completely perplexed and you have to come up with some asinine story about how it doesn’t work for adults and blah, blah, blah…
5. You’ve run out of shelves by December 15.
6. You spilled Cheerios EVERYWHERE in your attempt to compete.
7. Last year you got 356 questions about how “Elfie” gets to the North Pole and back so fast and the word “magic” just is NOT working for your kid anymore… (oh, and what about those nights he forgot to go back and stayed on the same shelf. Was I really bad that day?)
8. You and your husband got in fights about who’s going to move “the damn elf” tonight.
9. The first-thing-when-your-eyes-pop-open morning panic every day in December when you wake up wondering if you remembered or not.
10. He kinda creeps you out. No, seriously. The elf just creeps me out.
ARE YOU BRINGING THE ELF BACK INTO YOUR HOUSE THIS YEAR?
Are you not giving up and you could use a little inspiration?
Check out our Elf on the Shelf Pinterest page. Yes, we just couldn’t help ourselves!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
This original post was written by Elaine Alguire exclusively for BonBon Break Media.