Faux Wood Photo Surface by Home is Where the Cookies Are
After months and months of scouring thrift stores and yard sales for the perfect worn wood table to serve as the backdrop for my food and craft photos, it finally dawned on me that I could make one – for less money AND less storage space. This DIY Faux Wood Photo Surface was what was borne of needing a photo prop that 1) I could afford, and 2) was smaller than the state of Texas. (Texas is not easy to store under your bed.)
ABOUT SARA: If we were going to be best friends, these are the things you should probably know about me:
– My kids are my job, and blogging is my hobby.
– You might often find me hunched over a pile of cookies or a plate of dinner with my point-and-shoot Canon, because that’s just what I do.
– I have a weakness for both pizza and chocolate, although usually not together – unless it’s Chocolate Pizza (It’s a real thing – in our house, at least!)
– I love to read and hate to dance.
– I’m addicted to coffee and can’t say no to a good Jellybean. Seriously. And by good, I mean real. The big fat traditional ones.
– I am almost always 5 years behind in fashion. Except for when my friends update me and show me how to dress properly. Thank you friends.
– I love to create, and because we have a big family, that usually happens through food.
– I believe the food you make is what makes your home yours. If I move to Africa (Or India, or Tinbuktu) tomorrow, I hope I could still make it feel like home by baking Grandma’s banana bread or whipping up Mom’s quick chili. It would just smell like that’s where we’re all supposed to be, wrapped up together, sustaining ourselves with food that our family has known for generations.
CONTINUE READING IN THE MOM CAVE