Best Games for Families
The best games for families are those that everyone enjoys taking part in. For many families, game nights are extremely important. These traditions can be passed on from generation to generation. When families gather together to play games, they are making extremely important, long-lasting memories.
There are several games out there for families to choose from, making your family game nights memorable and fun for all involved.
How to Choose the Best Games for Your Family
When diving into a family game night routine, you have to find the right games for your family. Keep in mind that every family is different, and you know their likes and dislikes best. There are a few things to consider when choosing a family game night game to play.
The age recommendations for games are important when you are playing with younger children. It is crucial to make sure that you choose a game that can be enjoyed by everyone in your family.
Number of Players
Many games are created with a maximum of four players. If you have a larger family, it is important to make sure that the games you choose accommodate all members.
If you have young children or just a limited time to play, you will want to make sure that you choose a game that fits within your allotted time frame for family game night.
Ease of Use
When playing games with your family, you want to make sure that the games you pick can be easily understood and explained. The instructions should be easy to follow and the gameplay easy to learn. It should also be a game that you will be able to play repeatedly.
50 of our Favorite Games for Families
These games are some of the best games to play on family game night. Not only are there a wide variety of options, from card games to board games, but they are also exciting to play and fun for the entire family.
These links lead to our Amazon store, so you can make a purchase with ease.
- Monopoly The Mega Edition
- Guess Who?
- Pass the Pigs
- Pie Face
- Speak Out
- One Night Ultimate Werewolf – a family favorite!!
- Exploding Kittens
- Bears Vs Babies
- Codenames – another favorite!
- Trivial Pursuit
- Mouse Trap
- Connect 4
- Spot It
- Go Fish
- 5 Second Rule
- Beat the Parents
- Mexican Train
- Rat a Tat Cat
- Apples to Apples
- Unstable Unicorns
- Pick Your Poison
- Ticket to Ride
- Catan – Trade Build Settle
- Googly Eyes Game
Top 10 Board Games from Amazon
- Not Parent Approved: A Hilarious Card Game for Kids, Tweens, Families and Mischief Makers
- Spontuneous – The Song Game – Sing It or Shout It – Talent NOT Required
- Watch Ya’ Mouth Family Edition – The Authentic, Hilarious, Mouthguard Party Card Game
- USAopoly Telestrations Original 8 Player Board Game
- PlayMonster 5 Second Rule Game
- Relative Insanity Party Game about Crazy Relatives – Made and Played by Comedian Jeff Foxworthy
- Melissa & Doug Suspend Family Game
- Spikeball Game Set
- The Golfing Dead – Only One Survives
- Goat Lords — Hilarious and Competitive New Card Game
Playing the best games on family game night will give you a chance to connect, enjoy each other’s company and get a little competitive. These games all have a certain element of fun that your family will crave over and over again, leaving everyone excited for family game night.
Perfect to go with Family Game Night
- 20 Quick and Easy Game Night Recipes
- Game Night Ideas to Shake off the Winter Doldrums
- Our entire collection of printable charades games