In September, I headed back to teaching and our usual routine changed. Daily, I have little pangs of guilt about rushed mornings with English muffins and peanut butter or bowls of cereal or oatmeal flying out the door with my kids. Gone are the days of fluffy pancakes and Browned Butter Apple Bread. Let’s just say things are not as well rounded around here as they used to be. However, I always include protein as they head off on their day.
An easy breakfast with a protein punch is always eggs. My kids love eggs and when I saw this segment on the Today Show, I knew I had to try it. Yes, Eggs in a Cloud.
It’s rather straight forward and 10 minutes from beginning to end. The consistency of the egg isn’t eggy at all, it has more bite to it. This makes it easy enough to skip the bread if you are following a gluten-free diet like me.
Whip ’em up into an ethereal cloud that will remind you of a meringue for your favorite summer pie.
Add a little flavor. Dump ’em in piles on a cookie sheet. Bake. Add the yolk. Bake some more.
Eat. So easy.
These were a huge hit with my kids. They immediately asked for them the next day and we are eager to try flavors other than parmesan, our favorite so far. What flavors would you add?
Here’s the quick and easy recipe for you:
EGGS IN A CLOUD RECIPE
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan (skip for paleo)
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites into your mixer and keep the yolks for later.
- Mix on high for 2-3 minutes until you have peaks appear.
- Add parmesan.
- Dollop 4 mounds onto the cookie sheet and create a slight depression in the middle.
- Bake for 4 minutes on the center rack.
- Remove cookie sheet and gently add a yolk to each “cloud”.
- Bake for 4 more minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!
Click to Pin it for later:
This post was written exclusively for BonBon Break Media, LLC. Content may not be used without expressed permission.