With two young children in my house, there’s a lot of focus on what Santa is going to give them. But what about what we are going to give Jolly Ol’ St. Nick? My kids better be careful, or they’ll end up with lumps of coal in their stockings. And last I checked, that wasn’t anywhere on their lengthy wish lists.
My family lives in France, where instead of leaving out cookies and milk for Père Noël, the tradition is to set out carrot sticks and water for the reindeer. Yep, you read that right. The reindeer. No wonder French women are so thin!
However, the American in me can’t resist setting out a plate of delicious cookies for Mr. Claus. But instead of washing them down with a boring glass of milk, I plan to wash them down with this tasty Christmas Cookie Cocktail. Oh excuse me, I mean, I plan to set the drink out for Santa (wink, wink).
A decadent drink like this should guarantee that I get a nice surprise in my stocking, right?
In case you’d like to treat yourself or any visitors from the North Pole, here is the ridiculously easy recipe:
Christmas Cookie Cocktail
Makes one serving
- 1 ounce peppermint schnapps
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce Irish cream liqueur
- Add ingredients to a martini shaker filled with ice.
- Shake, then strain into a martini glass. Optionally, serve with a plate of Christmas cookies, if Santa hasn’t devoured them already.
READ THIS NEXT:
- The Easiest (and Most Powerful) Way to Give This Holiday Season
- Swedish Nuts Mix
- New Holiday Tradition: Sibling Gift Day
- Take That, Santa
READ MORE FROM THE GIVING POSTS
PIN FOR LATER
Leave Santa a Christmas Cookie Cocktail was written by Vicki Lesage exclusively for BonBon Break Media LLC.
Would you like to sponsor a theme? Click here.