Candy Corn Cookies! Soft chewy delicious cookies that have a hint of candy corn flavor and are perfect for Halloween!
Have you heard of OXO’s awesome Bake a Difference program?? For each blog post that goes up in September, OXO is donating $100 to Cookies for Kid’s Cancer, an amazing non-profit organization that is committed to raising funds to support the research of new improved treatments for pediatric cancer. And they are doing it with cookies!! How amazing is that??
Not only that, but when you purchase an OXO product that is marked with this green cookies for kids cancer logo, OXO will donate an additional .25 cents to this amazing organization. You can check out all the awesome products they are doing this with here. So not only do you get a really sweet tool to bake with, you are also helping fund pediatric cancer research! Win win, yummy cookie, win!
So here’s the story behind these cookies. The base is this amazing mixture thought up by the genius bakers at America’s Test Kitchen. It’s the base of their Big and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, and sweet goodness, it is out of this world! My original plan was to take out the chocolate chips and sub in candy corn and candy corn M&M’s (if you haven’t tried them yet, you don’t know what you’re missing). They were going to be Trick-0r-Treat Cookies! How fun, right?
Here’s what I didn’t realize . . . candy corn + hot oven = melted madness!!
The M&M’s in there by themselves are so amazingly delicious, that you kind of forget about your melted candy corn dreams. These would also be really amazing with the M&M’s taken out and a Milky Way bar chopped up and thrown in . . . or 3 Musketeers . . . . you get the idea. Just melt candy in your cookies at your own risk!
Candy Corn Cookies
(adapted from America’s Test Kitchen)
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks of butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 9.9 oz package Candy Corn M&M’s
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set off to the side.
- With your mixer set to medium low, beat together the melted butter, the brown sugar, and the white sugar until completely combined.
- Now beat in the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla until fully combined. Make sure you scrape down the sides so the dough is fully combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the dry ingredients a little at a time. Again, make sure to regularly stop your mixer and scrape down the sides.
- With a spoon, hand stir in the M&M’s. If you do it with the mixer, they will get all broken and won’t be nearly as pretty.
- Make 1 inch sized balls with the completed dough and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet, about two inches apart. Bake for about 17 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden. (I cooked about 8 cookies at a time and did multiple batches).
- Let the cookies cool for about two minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack. When completely cooled, store in an air tight container.
Thank you to Lisa for writing this post on behalf of Bonbon Break Media, LLC for the #OXOGoodCookie cause.
ABOUT LISA: Lisa, from Wine & Glue, prides herself on being a wannabe of every kind. Chief on her wannabe lists are chef, baker, seamstress, party planner, and photographer. Well, maybe not a wannabe of every kind. She is a very real mom to two crazy and wonderful little monkeys. Check out her wild wannabe adventures at Wine & Glue or follow along on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
CONTINUE READING IN THE KITCHEN